Growing up, I was definitely *not* a fan of broccoli. (Perhaps because it was *always just* steamed.) The only way I would eat it is if it was smothered in Cheez Whiz.
This recipe, however, has changed my view. (And, yes, I found it on Pinterest…I know you were curious!) It is so easy to put together and has definitely changed my opinion of broccoli!
Preheat the oven to 450º. Then, start with the broccoli…I bought 7 broccoli crowns from my supermarket (they were cheaper than buying the whole thing…go figure!).
- Cut up each crown into medium-sized florets and place in a baking dish.
- Take 6-8 cloves of garlic (depending on how big they are).
- Smash them with the side of your knife.
- Peel each clove.
- Give the garlic a rough chop.
- Sprinkle it over the broccoli.
- Season generously with s&p.
- Drizzle EVOO over all the broccoli. (I just eyeballed it, but it was probably 2-3 tablespoons.)
- Toss to evenly coat the broccoli with the EVOO.
- Place in the oven.
- Cook for about 15 minutes, then toss.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes longer. (Keep your eye on it though. It can burn if you’re not careful!)
When it’s finished cooking, you will be left with a garlicky and nutty flavor. Place in a serving bowl. (I put the broccoli in the bowl first, then add the golden brown garlic on top. Yum!)
So much better than plain old steamed broccoli! Enjoy!