Remember waaaay back (when I was a good blogger) and I hosted my brother-in-law for his birthday and I made 3 great appetizers. The first was Quinoa Pizza Bites. The second was Spinach & Feta Crescent Rolls. Well, here is the third dish (finally!!): Buffalo Chicken Wonton Cups. My inspiration came from a fellow Tumblr blogger: Damn Delicious. I love buffalo chicken anything, so I was very excited to try this recipe. It was everyone’s favorite (except my *very picky* sister!), and it was pretty quick to make (especially because I took a shortcut and bought an already-cooked rotisserie chicken).
Start with the wonton cups…
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Press a wonton wrapper into each opening of a mini-muffin tin, making sure each forms a cup.
- Place in the oven and bake until the edges are just golden, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Meanwhile, shred up some chicken, about 1.5 cups. (You can cook your own or use store-bought, like me.)
- Add some buffalo sauce, about 1/2 cup.
- Fill each wonton cup with some of the chicken.
- Add some blue cheese crumbles to each cup and bake for 5-10 more minutes, until the cheese has melted a bit.
- Remove from the oven and drizzle a little more buffalo sauce onto the cups.
Serve warm. Enjoy!